Plants design, environmental design, architectural and structural design, geological study
Construction of an integrated plant centre for materials re-cycling and transformation of non-hazardous waste. The centre is composed of five technological plants for the recovery of materials and waste:
- treatment plant for industrial waste and production of solid combustible material;
- treatment plant for rubber and used tyres;
- treatment plant for ash and soil waste;
- treatment plant for building and infrastructure demolition material;
- treatment plant for road cleaning materials.
In addition to the plants themselves, there is also a research centre run jointly with the Polytechnic-university of Turin, an analytical laboratory, an office building and a photovoltaic and geothermal system. Each plant is completely autonomous both in environmental terms and in landscape and architectural terms, and this represents a new concept as regards the green economy. The architectural design was jointly developed with Matteo Thun and Luca Colombo, two well-known international firms. The idea behind the design is to create buildings with green roofs that blend into the surrounding environment, exploit the natural contours of the land and have a minimal visual impact.
2012 – 2013